Wednesday 5 September 2012

Kerala Style Masala Prawn.....

"Masala Prawn"....!!!!! I am quite sure that  the name brings water in  the mouth of all the prawn lovers....actually few days ago,I was thinkng hard what to prepare for dinner which would be very simple and tasty...then one of my friend posted a photo in her  facebook album "masala chingri".I was inspired by that and prepared it in my own way,which is best when served with dal and steamed rice.Though I followed the basic recipe of Kerala,but they prepare it using coconut oil and  small coconut pieces.But I didnt use any of them and prepared in a very simple way.......

Here is the recipe:


Ingredients:
  1. Prawns – 250 gms, peeled
  2. Ginger & garlic – 1 tbsp each, (paste)
  3. Chili powder – 1/2 – 1 tbsp
    Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
    Garam masala – 1/2 – 1 tsp (optional)
  4. Onions – 2, sliced finely(or make a paste)
  5. Salt,sugar
    Curry leaves
  6. Lime juice:2 tbsp(yoghurt can also be used)
  7. Mustard oil;3-4tbsp

Procedure:


1.Clean and wash the prawns very well.
2. Marinate  them with turmeric powder,salt,lime juice or yoghurt,little chilli powder and 1 tbsp mustard oil for 20-30 minutes.
3.Now add oil in a kadai and add the chopped onion,fry it until the onions become translusent.
4.Then add the curry leaves and the ginger garlic paste.,cook them for a while.   
5.Now add salt and chilli powder ,pinch of sugar.
6.Cook it for few minutes and now add the marinated prawns.
7.Mix it very well with all the masala.
8.Here I want to mention one thing that I didnt fry the prawns previously.The marination for a long period of time helped me to cook the prawns very well .
9.When the oil starts appearing add 3-4 table spoon of water(u can sprinkle some more water if u need)
10.Cook it till the water is dried and prawns become very soft and well coated with masala. I like the prawns to be roasted well, so I keep it for around 10-12minutes on low flame, by stirring it in between.
11.Then Sprinkle little garam masala on it and garnish it with coriander leaves and serve.


                                                    Enjoy Your Food....!!!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment