Here is the recipe:
- 250g chicken breast or leg (cut in small pieces).
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cm ginger
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 red chillies
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
- 1 whole lemon, lemon juice squeezed out
- 1/2 cup of yogurt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A pinch of sugar
- coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Blend onions, garlic, ginger, chillies(I used whole chilli),separately using a food blender so as to get a fine paste.
- Mix chicken with yogurt, salt,turmeric powder, lemon juice and onion,garlic,ginger paste and the whole red chilli together(I generally marinate chicken pieces with little mustard oil too). Add cumin powder,red chilli powder also with it.Marinate in fridge for 1hr.
- Heat 2-4 tbsps of oil in a pan. When hot, add a pinch of sugar and fry it till brown.
- Then add the marinated chicken. Cook on low heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Uncover, turn heat to medium.
- Cook the chicken until the water has evaporated.
- You dont need to add water during cooking because I already added lemon juice and yogurt which contain a sufficient amount of water for this recipe.
- When the curry thickens add the garam masala powder and the chopped coriander leaves and mix.
- Now Your Lemon Yoghurt Chicken is ready to serve.
Enjoy Your Food..!!