To be very frank and honest, I am just a novice in the field of baking.But I have a huge interest in this and I want to improve my baking skills. More than once,I have prepared very simple chocolate and vanilla cakes,at my home but never had enough confidence to make pie ,muffins etc. etc.When last time I was successful in making banana muffines(inspired by one of my sweetest sis,Payel),in my first attempt,I wanted to take a chance to prepare something different again.
I always used to keep an eye on magazines,news papers,different cooking shows and ofcourse in various cooking groups of facebook for good recipes.Few days ago, I read a very simple and easy apple pie recipe in a magazine and following that only ,I prepared this yesterday at my home and nevertheless to tell that it turned out really delicious.Today I became quite confident about its yummilicious taste when I saw my daughter, for the first time, has completely finished her tiffin at school.And guess what I have given her for today's tiffin ??? ...Yessss,it was the Apple Pie,I prepared yesterday.
Here is the recipe:
- 1 1/2 cup cake flour(all purpose flour),
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 100gm Butter (Melted)
- 50 ml Full Cream Milk
- 100ml Water
- 2-3 Apples
- 2-4 tbsp Lime Juice
- Sugar for sprinkling.
- Preheat Your oven at 180 degree celcius for 10 mins.
- Wash Apples,peel and cut 2/3 rd of them in thin slices and mix with lime juice.
- Cut remaining apples into cubes.
- Mix the all purpose flour,baking powder,salt,sugar,vanilla extract,melted butter),milk,water and the apple cubes.
- Mix them until a smooth batter is formed.
- Now grease and flour a baking pan or tray and pour the batter in it.
- Put the apple silces fan shaped on the batter.
- Bake it 180 degree celcius until a tooth pick ,inserted into the centre ,comes out clean.Normally it takes 50-60 mins to bake completely.
- After baking brush cake sparingly with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar granules.
Here I want to mention one thing,if you want apple crumble, after making the batter and greasing your pan,knead 100gm flour,50 gm sugar ,2-3 drops of vanilla essence and 1 pinch of cinnamon powder till crumbles are formed .Sprinkle crumbles on the top and bake.( I didnt do this step).