Cauliflower and Prawn Curry(Fulkopi Diye Chingri r Jhol)...!!!!!
Prawns are always very special in my house,as we love to eat them,Basically it's rare to find people who dont love prawns,except those who are allergic to them.Prawns are something,which can increase the taste of any curry or preparation,in a magical way.Whenever,I see that any vegetable cant make enough good taste by itself,I used to add few fried prawns in them,believe me,the taste becomes ten times better.
Specially,the cauliflowers and prawns have a very close relation to each other.Maa used to cook this preparation more freqently in winter season,due to the easy availability of cauliflowers .The test is far better than the simple cauliflower curry.
Following her recipe I used to prepare it at my home.There is nothing difficult in this recipe.It's a simple and usual preparation.
Here is the recipe:
- Cauliflower:1 small
- Potato:1 large(diced)
- Medium Sized Prawns:250 gm
- Onion:1 large(thinely sliced)
- Ginger:1''(make paste)
- Garlic Cloves:4-5(paste)
- Tomato:2 small(chopped)
- Turmeric Powder:1 tsp
- Chilli powder:I used a pinch,you can use as per your choice.
- Salt/Sugar:As per taste
- Garam Masala Powder:1 tsp
- Whole Garam Masala:1 Cinnamon Stick,2-3 Cardamons,2-3 Cloves
- Bay Leaves:2-3
- Mustard oil:5-6 table spoon(any other veg oil/canola oil or white oil may also be used)
- Wash and peel the prawns,except the tail(if you want you may keep the heads also),and marinate them with little salt and turmeric powder.
- Add little oil in a kadai and lightly fry the prawns till nice pink in colour and keep them aside.
- Remove the florets of the cauliflower,wash them and fry them in little oil till yellow in a kadhai with little salt and turmeric powder.Keep aside.
- Do the same thing with the peeled and diced potatoes also.Fry them till golden brown in little oil in a kadai with salt and turmeric powder.Keep them aside.
- Now add little more mustard oil in your kadhai,add the whole garam masala and the bay leaves.
- When the nice aroma comes out add little sugar,fry till brown.
- Add the garlic paste and saute 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped tomatoes.
- When the tomatoes become mushy add the onion slices.
- Mix very well.
- Add little salt,turmeric powder,chilly powder and mix well.
- After 2-3 minutes,add the ginger paste and coo kvery well until oil separates.
- Now add your fried potatoes and the cauliflower florets.
- Mix them with all the spices.
- Add water and cover and cook.
- After about 10 minutes,open the cover and check whether the potatoes and cauliflower florets become soft and boiled.
- Now add the fried prawns to the curry and cook few minutes until the prawns are done.
- Now adjust the gravy as per your desired consistancy.If you want to make your curry more liquid you may add little more water but must check salt and sugar again.
- Now,when your curry comes to your desired cosistancy turn off the flame.
- Sprinkle little garam masala powder and serve with hot rice.
Enjoy Your Food....!!!!!