Golapi Rasogolla Santanu dada Special..!
Before I write this recipe I should apologise to many of my dearest friends who asked me for this recipe, since a long period of time. My laziness is the reason to blame due to which it took so much time to keep my words. I Appreciate their patience :).
The idea of this special type of Rasgulla was given by Santanu dada. It's a very simple, easy and interesting process. You can say,it's a variant of Rasogolla where the basic recipe is similar to that of normal Rosogolla recipe but the flavour and the color are given.
Here is it:
- Full Cream Milk(I used full cream milk but low fat milk will be perfect too):1 lt
- Vinegar:2 table spoon
- Water:4 1/2 Cups
- Sugar:1 1/2
- Rose Essence: 1/2 tsp
- Pink/Red Food Color: Just 2-3 drops( I used pink)
- Boil the milk at low temperature.
- While boiling add the vinegar and stir it .
- Your milk will start to curdle and chena(chhana) will be formed after few minutes.
- When you will see a greenish diluted water which is easily separating from chena,then it's done.
- Now using a muslin cloth drain the water and wash the chena under the running tap water. If you are using lime juice to prepare chena,this wash will remove all the lemony taste or smell.
- Now tied the two ends of the muslin cloth tightly and let it drain all the excess water for atleast 15-20 minutes.And at this time you may put a heavy weight on the muslin cloth for better draining.
- Take out the chena from the cloth ,add the rose essence and the pink food color.Chena will turn into lovely pink color immediately.
- Now mash the chena using your palm on the kitchen slab or cutlery board till it’s very smooth and creamy and has absolutely no lumps.
- Remember the mashing chena is the most important step of making rasogolla because the quality of this sweet depends on its smoothness ,sponginess.
- Now Divide the chena into equal parts. With your palm give them nice and even ball shape .
- The balls should have no cracks otherwise it may break off during boiling .
- It makes about 10 pieces of rasogolla of equal sizes.
- Keep one thing in mind that these ball will be double in size after boiling in sugar syrup.So prepare the balls in that respect.
- Now make sugar syrup using the sugar and water in the exact quantity mentioned. The syrup should not be thick and will be on the thinner side. This is very important.
- Then add the prepared balls in this syrup,cover it tightly with a lid and let it boil for 20 -25 mins.
- As the rasogollas will be almost double in size after boiling ,choose a boiling pan of a big size so that after increased in size they can easily play around in the sugar syrup.
- Now remove the pan from heat.
- Your Rasgulla is ready.
- Serve it hot or chilled.
Enjoy Your Food..!!