Fruit Custard is one of the easiest desserts which can be prepared in minutes. It's very healthy and tasty too. Those kids, who don't want to eat fruits, this is the Best way to include fruits in their diet. In this respect I am a lucky Mom because my daughter never complain to eat fruits and she loves custard also.
Here is the simple process of making Indian Style Fruit Custard:
- Vanilla Flavoured Custard powder(you may choose any other flavour too) :2 tbsp
- Milk :500 ml/
- Sugar :As required
- Fruits:Anything of your choice( Apple, Banana, Pears, Dates, Strawberry, Pomegranate, Kiwi, Orange or any other seasonal fruits) But try to avoid pine apple and mostly watermelon, as they ooze water.
- Mix the custard powder with 3 tbsp. of milk and whisk thoroughly until there is no lump.Your custard paste is ready.
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed vessel and bring it to boil.Add sugar and mix properly.
- Add the custard paste into the milk and Stir continuously .
- Cook it until the milk becomes thick. Be careful while thickening the milk and stir continuously so that it cant stick to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the flame.
- After it comes to room temperature, refrigerate it. It will become more thick when chilled.
- Meanwhile cut your fruits in small cubes.
- Before serving, arrange the fruits in a bowl or cup and pour cold custard on top of it .
- Serve Chilled.