Baking and cooking always provide me fresh oxygen whenever I get bored with my usual routine works. The other day, to overcome this boredom I was searching my kitchen pantry and found a box full of dried cranberry. Though I bought them for some other reason but that time I was craving for homemade cake. With very little effort I made this cranberry vanilla cake which not only satisfied my cravings but also it made my daughter very happy.
Here is the process of making Cranberry Vanilla Cake.
- All Purpose Flour: 11/2
- White Sugar ( Castor Sugar):1 Cup
- Butter:1/2 Cup
- Baking Powder:1 3/4 tsp.
- Eggs: 2
- Vanilla Extract: 2 tsp.
- Milk: 1/2 Cup
- Cranberry (dried/fresh) : 1 Cup
- Preheat the oven in 180 degree Celsius and grease a cake tin with little butter and dust it with little flour.
- Take a medium mixing bowl. Cream together the butter and the sugar and then add the egg ( one at a time) and beat properly.
- Now add the vanilla extract. Vanilla extract will help to reduce the smell of the egg.
- Take an another bowl and mix the dry ingredients ( baking powder and the flour).
- Add it to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Then add the milk and mix until the batter is smooth. Finally add the cranberries and stir.
- Pour the batter into the cake tin and bake it for 30 -40 mins until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. If you are making cup cakes bake it for 20-25 mins.
- Once the cake is done,let it cool for sometime and remove carefully from the baking tray and serve.
Enjoy Your Food....!