Thursday 23 January 2014

Indian Masala Tea..!





















I am a self proclaimed tea lover. Even I don't hesitate to declare that I am just addicted to it since my college days. It's such a refreshing drink which survives me in my most miserable moment even. Every morning, a cup of hot tea just recharges me and keeps me on for the whole day. Similarly, almost at the end of the day, when I am fully exhausted, it soothes me completely .In my family not only me, my husband is also very much fascinated to this drink. I generally store different types of flavored tea in my kitchen pantry and keep on experimenting with those with my one and only tea partner , my hubby dear. That is the reason I am going to create a different section in my food blog, where I will be posting various tea recipes.
As an Indian I am starting this with the recipe of Indian Masala Tea, Masala Chai. It is basically black tea, brewed with spices and milk. Even there are different types of Indian Tea masala. I don't like to use any store bought ready made spice mix rather I make it in my own way. Moreover I am very choosy in the matter of selecting milk and tea leaves for my tea. Instead of liquid milk I prefer to use powder milk for my tea. "Nestle EveryDay Dairy Whitener" is my most favourite milk powder brand and "Tata Tea Gold" is my most favourite tea leaves brand.

Here is the process of making my version of Indian Masala Chai.

Ingredients:


For two Cups of Tea:




  • Water: 2- 2 1/2 Cups
  • Milk Powder: 2 tbsp.
  • Tea Leaves:  11/2 - 2 tsp.
  • Ginger Paste: 1/4 tsp.
  • Cardamom Powder: 2 pinches
  • Sugar: 2 tsp ( adjust according to your taste)
  • Saffron Strands: A Few.



Process:




  • At first boil the milk in a deep bottomed pan. When it starts boiling take out 1/2 cup of boiling water separately.
  • Add 2 tbsp of milk powder in the water taken out separately and dissolve properly 
  • Now add the tea leaves and sugar into the boiling water and brew very well.Add the ginger paste and mix well.
  • Pour the prepared milk into the liquor. Mix thoroughly. Add the cardamom powder, Cover the pan and keep the flame low and simmer for few more minutes.
  • Strain the prepared tea with a strainer into the cups and add few saffron strands and serve hot.



    #
    Note: If you are using liquid cow milk, then take 11/2 cups of water and 1/2 cups of milk to make 2 cups of tea. 










                                Enjoy Your Tea.....!

2 comments:

  1. Our carefully curated blend of aromatic spices will transform your regular cup of tea into a delightful sensory experience. Indulge in the rich aroma of cardamom, cinnamon, cloves, and other traditional spices, perfectly balanced to enhance the natural flavours of tea. Whether you prefer black tea, green tea, or herbal infusions, our order online
    will add a touch of warmth and complexity to your daily tea ritual.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you love to eat panipuri, then you should make it at home. With PCM Masale’s ORDER ONLINE
    , it has become easier to make panipuri at home. Our unique blenc of spices perfectly complements the tangy and refreshing flavors of this beloved street food. Made with carefully selected ingredients, this masala delivers an explosion of flavors that will leave you craving for more.

    ReplyDelete