A perfect recipe for a lazy weekend or Sunday….. simple, easy to make yet scrumptious …. Mutton lovers cant stop licking their fingers after having this dish for sure…. :D
Here it goes:
- Mutton: 800 gm.( Curry cut)
- Onion: 5 Large (thin sliced or paste)
- Garlic: 10-12 Cloves( Crushed)
- Ginger: 2 “ (Paste)
- Cumin Powder: 1 tsp.
- Coriander Powder: 1 tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 tsp.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 -2 tsp ( adjust according to your taste)
- Dry Whole Red Chili : 2-4 nos.
- Salt: To Taste
- Sugar: ½ tsp.
- Mustard Oil: 5-6 tbsp.
- Unsweetened Yogurt: ½ Cup (beaten with little water and a pinch of white flour)
- Cinnamon Sticks: 1
- Cloves: 4-5 nos.
- Cardamoms: 3-4 nos.
- Bay Leaves: 2
- Potato:2 -3 ( large diced)
- Water: 2 cups ( or as required to boil the mutton)
- Wash the mutton with little hot water and pat them dry with kitchen towel. Then mix the mutton with 3 tbsp of mustard oil, onion slices, ginger-garlic paste, yogurt, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, dry red chili (whole), cinnamon sticks, cardamoms, cloves and bay leaves. Keep it atleast for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Mean while fry the diced potato with salt and turmeric powder slightly and keep them aside.
- Now heat rest of the mustard oil in a kadhai, (deep bottomed vessel) and add the whole marinated mutton into the hot oil. On medium to low flame cook the mutton until oil separated from the sides. Now add the fried diced potato and cook for another few minutes.
- Now pour the water and cover. Increase the flame and cook until the mutton pieces are done very well. You may pressure cook your mutton too. For this you need to cook up to 2-3 whistles depending on the size and the amount of your mutton pieces.
- Once the mutton pieces becomes tender and well cooked, uncover the vessel and adjust the gravy according to your choice. Taste the seasoning and add salt or sugar if required.
- Turn off the flame. Sunday special mutton curry is ready to serve. Serve it with hot fluffy rice along with lemon slices.
Enjoy Your Food...!!!