I know all the moms out here who have little toddlers or kids will support me in this fact that feeding their little ones is one of the most difficult jobs for them. Being a mom of a five year old kid I am not an exception. Most of the time I literally fight with her while I try to feed her something healthy. According to her, I will be the "best mamma" if I could allow her to eat loads of fried and junk foods. But you all know very well that it's just impossible. Therefore sometimes I try to make some fried foods at home which in disguise provide some nutrition too.
Soya Granules and Peas Cutlet is one of them.I usually make it for her evening snacks when she returns back from school.The recipe is easy , fuss free ,very good to eat and moreover it is nutritionally good too. We all are aware that soya chunks or soya granules contain all the necessary macro nutrients(protein, carbohydrate and fat) required for good nutrition and as well as these are rich in vitamins & minerals including calcium,iron and folic acid. Moreover it provides all the necessary amino acids required for good human health. On the other hand peas are the power house of nutrition .My daughter doesn't eat any of these separately and therefore in this way I have found a way out by which I can make her eat soya granules and as well as peas.
Here is the entire process:
- Soya Granules:1/4th Cup
- Green Peas:1/4th Cup ( Boiled)
- Potatoes:1/4th Cup ( Boiled and smashed)
- Chat Masala Powder:1/4th tsp.
- Dry Mango Powder ( Amchur Powder):1/4th tsp.
- Ginger Paste:1/4th tsp.
- Asafoetida : A pinch .
- Green Chili : 2/3 (chopped, optional, I didn't use)
- Salt:to taste
- Dry Roasted Cumin Powder:1/4th tsp.
- Dry Roasted Coriander Powder:1/2 tsp.
- Freshly Prepared Bread Crumb: 4 whole wheat bread (toasted and ground to a coarse powder)
- Garam Masala Powder:1/4th tsp.
- Oil : to Fry
You may add chopped onion ,.garlic or any other boiled vegetable of your choice.
- At first soak the soy granules in 1 cup of water ( preferably warm water) for 15 -30 minutes.Then drain and squeeze out the excess water and keep it in a mixing bowl.
- Mean while boil and peel the potatoes and smash it. At the same time boil the green peas and smash . Add both the smashed potatoes and the green peas into the mixing bowl.
- Toast the whole wheat bread using a toaster or bake the bread slices at 300 degree F or 150-160 degree C for 10 -15 minutes and then grind to a coarse powder.
- Add all the other spices and the bread crumbs into the same bowl and combine very well to make dough. If you find that the dough is little sticky just add 1-2 tsp of flour into it.
- Now divide the dough into few equal small round flat cutlets.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry them until these become golden brown in color and crisp from all sides.
- To absorb the excess oil keep them on a tissue paper for few minutes and then serve with your little one's favorite dip or tomato ketchup.
Enjoy Your Food...!!!