Mutton Lazeez is an aromatic rich mutton recipe which I learned recently from one of my food lover friend. The “lazeez” is an Urdu Word and it means delicious. As the name implies it is a flavourful ,rich mutton preparation which you will surely favour to prepare as your weekend indulgence. Moreover it doesn’t take much of your time unlike other mutton recipes.
Here is the recipe:
- Mutton :800gm
- Onions 5-6 medium
- Ginger Garlic paste 2tsp
- Cloves 5-6
- Black peppercorns 1 tsp
- Green Cardamom 4-5 Black
- Cardamom 2
- Cinnamon 1stick
- Kashmiri Whole Red Chilies 3-4
- Tomato Puree 1cup
- Green Chilies 3no.
- Red Chili Powder 1-2tsp
- Cumin Powder 2tsp
- Coriander Powder 2tsp
- Nutmeg powder a couple of pinches
- Ghee 3-4tbsp
- Salt to taste.
- Heat ghee in a handi – add whole garam masalas and whole red chilies and let it splutter for a minute.
- Now add finely sliced onions, salt and mutton – stir and mix well. Cook until onions and mutton are bhunnoed and ghee separates and gets the golden colour.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and bhunno for 5 minutes. Now add tomato puree (while making puree, add and grind the green chilies as well), red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well and bhunno till ghee leaves the masala.
- Now add ½ cup of water (or more as required) to just cook the meat. Add more water if required so that the masala doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Cook covered on low heat until the mutton is tender and the masala is napped around it.
- Once the mutton is cooked, add nutmeg and adjust the seasoning. Remove from flame and serve hot.
Enjoy Your Food...!