Palak paneer is one of the most popular vegetarian dishes originating from the Punjab region of the Indian Subcontinent. Fundamentally, in this recipe, soft paneer or cottage cheese cubes are cooked in a smooth gravy of pureed spinach and tomato. It is mainly served with roti, naan, or boiled rice. It is very nutritious with all the goodness of spinach and paneer.
Here comes the recipe :
- Spinach: 2 Bunches
- Paneer ( Cottage Cheese) : 400gms
- Onion: 3 tbsp Paste
- Ginger: 1’’ (Smooth Paste)
- Garlic: 4-5 Cloves (Pasted or Grated)
- Green Chillies: 1-2 (Finely Chopped)
- Tomato: 1 Large (Finely Chopped)
- Oil: 2 tbsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Cumin Seeds: ½ tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ tsp.
- Milk: 1 Cup
- Water: As required
- Fresh Cream: 1 tbsp. (Optional)
- Blanch the spinach in boiling water for just 2-3 minutes.
- Drain the excess water and let it cool for some time and then blend it in a mixer grinder to make a smooth puree. Keep aside the puree.
- Meanwhile fry the paneer cubes slightly in a separate pan using little oil. While frying them sprinkle little salt on the paneer cubes. Keep the fried paneer cubes aside.
- Now heat oil in a kadhai, add the cumin seeds. When the cumin seeds start to splutter add the onion paste. Saute it on medium flame until the onion becomes translucent.
- Now gradually add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chillies, turmeric powder and salt .Mix well and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the spinach puree and the milk. Cook until the gravy becomes thick enough.
- Add the paneer cubes and fresh cream.Mix carefully and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Check the seasoning. Sprinkle the garam masala powder. Give a nice gentle stir and turn off the flame.
- Palak Paneer is now ready to serve.
Enjoy Your Food..!!